Sunday, March 25, 2007

World of Warcraft

Well what can I say about this, I do play the game, and I can opt out of playing if need be, although I must say that I am addicted to it.

Is this a bad thing?
short answer is yes.

Long answer is, yes but.

As it can be a bad thing in the long run if one lets ones-self get carried away and make it completely the most important thing ever in their lives, which as we all know is completely retarded.

World of Warcraft only has as much attention as it does because it opened the door to many millions of people, in which MMO's were no longer for the hardcore old school P&P D&D fans, as was the likes of Everquest 1, and Ultima Online.
These were mainly for the hardcore because for one, you required a Credit Card, and as far as I know, most persons under the age of 21 does not usually have one, and if they do, it's because the parents gave it to them.
Also when these early MMO's came out it was not "cool" to know how to use a computer, and as such was deemed the nerds area of expertise.

But now because of the introduction to blogs, and places like Bebo.com and Myspace it has become rather popular with almost all persons. Although most games are still the domain for the inherent geeks of this world, the home PC is making its way into more and more homes.

- Hmm seems as though i was rambling up there -

Back on topic. - Is it a bad thing? - Long answer continues

If I had not played any online games I would not have meet any of the friends that I have today. granted that I have not met any of them to date. This does not mean that I won't ever meet any of them.
Online gaming is just another social aspect of life. Be that it maybe on the internet, and you do not actually meet the other persons face to face, I ask again, Is this a bad thing?

Many people have both online and offline friends, and I quite enjoy meeting my offline friends as it gives me a chance to get out there and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. which we all need medically, Vitamin E or something.

Well this entry has become interesting. one thing I would like to say at this point, is that I have no intention of quitting WoW, unless of course I manage to grab a Credit Card from some bank, then I would most probably stop playing WoW and move onto Vanguard:Saga of Heroes.

Which is another post all together, as there have been many many reports of people complaining about it. Being that I was fortunate enough to be in the beta I am able to give comments on it Pre-release.

Cho.

No comments: