Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Thoughts and stuff

Quick mention on PvP in WoW.

Actually had a decent run in WSG in WoW last night, the battle lasted about 45 minuets , for those who don't know, WSG (Warsong Gulch), and it is a BG (Battle Ground). Now I'm not usually into PvP very much, but thought I would have a go and see what its like.

Turns out that it was highly enjoyable. and while this particular Battle Ground is a Capture the flag match, most of the time our side had 1 or 2 people that were concerned with the flag. whereas I was more concerned with killing the other team members, which I was about average at doing, having died about 58 times myself and killing about the same.

All in all it was a fun night. Now I do play a lot of games and what not and should probably cut down the hours that I play, but after thinking on that issue I have reckoned that I have a few options and they are:

1: Play games with friends online
2: Watch TV
3: Do nothing.

As many are aware, that the older you get the less time you and your friends are able to spend together. There are many reasons, the main one being that they are starting families and have them to be with, as most people do. therefore apart from watching TV or getting absolutely drunk to the point you don't remember anything in the morning, I would rather not. As doing something like that is not only rather stupid but also not very productive.

That Aside, there are less important issues to deal with at the moment. Like gaming, which games should I play and is there any reason to paying to play some online games like so many do.

In my experience there is, having played many many online RPG games, I have come to realize that the best quality ones out there that offer the most are the ones that you have to pay for, although there are those exceptions out there that I would not touch due to what ever reason.

For one, CodeMasters recent game - Arch lord. Which is just a recycled Asian MMO re-branded and slightly touched up for the western market. which would have been o.k if they had actually improved the game. I might have a segment reviewing MMO's sure there are sites out there that do this. but they are so generic and not told in a gamers point of view.

After saying that there are some really good quality free ones out there. ya just gotta look. there are hundreds. many of them are Asian and probably not for the westerner, but try em all and see what you like. also with beta testing and what not, a lot of them have open beta's for about 1-2 months before release to stress test the servers. where in which you can play for free while the fix the last few bugs that are important to running a smooth game.

- Rambling about nothing again, but thats what I do -

um, more later. going to start me downloads and hopefully install an old game thats just become free again after failing at the pay to play scheme. yay for those who don't want to play.

Sorry for the lack of formatting in the text, takes way to long and cant be bothered. although I am trying to get the right punctuation, the correct grammar can kiss my ass. :)

No comments: